White Pineapple Sangria
It is officially summertime- if you aren’t bikini body ready, then you’re a bit stuck, but never fear! Liberty is here! Let’s do the whole two birds, one stone thing and make our booze and dessert count as one. That means you can have a double…
This is a killer recipe for BBQ hostesses or potluck bringers. I add outrageous amounts of fresh fruit so you are basically eating your boozy dessert. I like to serve this in a huge pot so that everyone can ladle out their own booze to fruit ratio.
1 bottle cheap white wine (or sparkly moscato)*
500mL san pellegrino
100g caster sugar
1 large pineapple
20 fresh mint leaves
10 fresh basil leaves
- Put the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Lightly boil for 5-10 minutes. let cool.
- Muddle (i.e. crush up with a spoon) together 50g raspberries, 100g blueberries, juice of 1 orange, juice of 1 lemon, 5 mint leaves and 3 basil leaves
- Mix into the sugar syrup mixture.
- Pour the wine and sugar/fruit into a large serving bowl.
- Mix well and add the rest of the fruit
- Serve over ice with a (healthy) splash of San Pellegrino.