There are a few, very specific things that I really love in this world. The list changes, but there are a few things that always remain; Henry (my dog), Donut (my parent’s dog), hammocks, back rubs, dessert, and cocktails. The last two make you fat. But, if I could figure out a way to combine the two, would they make me half as fat? I think so. It’s worth, at the very least, a really valiant try. So, I present, Bailey’s Popsicles. What more could a girl ask for? A hammock.
These took me approximately 2 minutes to put together and boy were those two minutes worth the effort. I got these fancy dancy popsicle molds from Food52, but honestly, a dixie cup with a stick would work just as well. I firmly believe that combining my two favorite things did produce half the calorie intake. The fact that I ate 8 of them is irrelevant.
Top Tip: If you don’t have popsicle molds or prefer to refrain from eating a phallic symbol for dessert, you can pour these babies into an ice cube tray and serve with Bailey’s. You might be drunk, but you’ll certainly be in heaven. Are those synonymous?
Makes 6 servings:
- 120 mL double cream (1/2 cup heavy cream)
- 480 mL whole milk (2 cups)
- 3 Tbs instant coffee
- 2 Tbs whole cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 3.5 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Fancy popsicle molds (or dixie cups)
- Bring all the ingredients except for the Bailey’s to a boil. Refrigerate for one hour or up to 1 day. Add the Bailey’s and popsicle away. These took about 3 hours to freeze for me. But I kind of rushed it 😉